Episode 140 | Cloud News - Azure, Amazon, Google, Yahoo, Verizon and Some Cool Picks!
Microsoft Azure News:
- Azure Stack: Delivering cloud infrastructure as Integrated Systems
- Announcing the release of the Azure Usage and Billing Portal
- Preview update: DocumentDB protocol support for MongoDB
- Microsoft Authenticator – Coming August 15th! Supports #AzureAD & Microsoft acct!
- TechCrunch: Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83 Billion
- TechCrunch: Microsoft’s Q4 Earnings Beat Street with $22.6B in Revenue, $0.69 EPS
- TechCrunch: Amazon Shatters Earnings Expectations
- TechCrunch: Alphabet’s Huge Q2 Shows its Ads Business May Not be So Challenged After All
Office 365 News
- GeekWire: ‘Microsoft got cool again’: Office 365 lands Facebook in big customer win
- Announcing the public preview of the new Office 365 Network online community
- Modern SharePoint lists are here—including integration with Microsoft Flow and PowerApps
- What Microsoft Stream means to Office 365
- Bring in business 24⁄7 with Microsoft Bookings
- NASA’s Mars Curiosity Rover can now fire its laser at will
- NASA has finished designing its sensor-packed Mars 2020 rover
- Kickstarter: Apollo 11 Flight Plan Re-Issue
- GitHub: Microsoft REST API Guidelines
- Spinning up a cluster with Elastic’s Azure Marketplace template
This episode is sponsored by Valid.nl, a Microsoft gold partner whose mission is to enable its customers to excel in their business through the innovative use of technology. Valid is always on the lookout for consultants, architects and engineers. Do you know Azure, BI and Analytics, .Net, Office365 or SharePoint? Look them up on valid.nl.
Microsoft Cloud Show is sponsored by:
What if you could take any process your teams use to get work done, and make it happen automatically? What if you could save countless hours and help people work better together? Nintex can make it happen. With the Nintex Platform, work flows from person-to-person, system-to-system, to the cloud and back. And it flows in and out of the tools you use every day. With Nintex, work just flows, so your teams can work smarter, work faster and be more connected than ever.
A 99.9% SLA means you’re protected from power outages, bad patches, natural disasters, and maybe even a dinosaur attack. Does it protect you from yourself, though? AvePoint Backup for SharePoint Online provides full-fidelity backup and recovery – from individual items to entire sites. AvePoint can run backups up to four times a day to ensure your data is secure. Recover anytime you want without having to pick up the phone and schedule restore windows. Learn why AvePoint is THE Microsoft Cloud expert at www.avepoint.com.
Raygun provides full stack error, crash and performance monitoring for tech teams. Whether you’re a software engineer looking to diagnose and resolve issues with greater speed and accuracy, a product manager drowning in bug reports, or you’re just concerned you’re losing customers to poor quality online experiences, Raygun can provide you with the answers. Get full stack error and performance monitoring in one place. The next time you’re struggling to replicate errors and performance issues in your codebase, think Raygun. Head over to raygun.com, get up and running within minutes, and dramatically improve the online experiences of your users.
Every business will eventually have to move to the cloud and adapt to it. That’s a fact. ShareGate helps with that. Our industry-leading products help IT professionals worldwide migrate their business to the Office 365 or SharePoint, automate their Office 365 governance, and understand their Azure usage & costs.
AC’s Voitanos delivers on-demand video-based training for developers on the latest SharePoint extensibility model from Microsoft in Mastering the SharePoint Framework. Check out Voitanos at voitanos.io.
CJ’s Hyperfish uses AI and Bot technology to automate the collection of profile information. The secure service supports on-premises, hybrid, and online environments. Checkout Hyperfish at hyperfish.com.