Episode 387 | AWS Black Wednesday & re:invent, Salesforce Slacking, & Microsoft 365 Surveillance
- Control automatic external email forwarding in Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Roadmap Office 365 ATP: External Email Forwarding Controls
- Microsoft productivity score feature criticised as workplace surveillance
- Microsoft apologises for feature criticised as workplace surveillance
- Zoom Pricing & Plans
- Six months after Oracle trumpeted Zoom as a cloud customer, AWS says it is Zoom’s ‘preferred’ cloud
- Salesforce Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Slack
- Prolonged AWS outage takes down a big chunk of the internet
- Summary of the Amazon Kinesis Event in the Northern Virginia (US-EAST-1) Region
- AWS re:Invent 2020 – Announcements From the News Blog
- New – Use Amazon EC2 Mac Instances to Build & Test macOS, iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, and watchOS Apps
- New for AWS Lambda – 1ms Billing Granularity Adds Cost Savings
- New for AWS Lambda – Container Image Support
- New for AWS Lambda – Functions with Up to 10 GB of Memory and 6 vCPUs
- Amazon Elastic Container Registry Public: A New Public Container Registry
- Amazon S3 Strong Consistency
- Amazon S3 Update – Strong Read-After-Write Consistency
- Want more PostgreSQL? You just might like Babelfish
- EKS Anywhere (coming in 2021)
Microsoft Cloud Show is sponsored by:
Every business will eventually have to move to the cloud and adapt to it. That’s a fact. ShareGate helps with that. Our industry-leading products help IT, professionals, worldwide with SharePoint and Microsoft Teams migrations as well as Teams security and management.
If you like the Cloud Show you will love the ShiftHappens podcast with Microsoft MVP and Regional Director Dux Raymond Sy. Each week Dux talks with one of the industry’s brightest stars about their most challenging modern workplace or digital transformation project. He uncovers the players, organizational hurdles, and last minute surprises that inevitably arise when ambitious people try to impact their workspace. Season 1 features FedEx, Wells Fargo, Heathrow Airport, United Airlines and other industry leaders. Go to www.avepoint.com/blog/shifthappens or search for hashtag ShiftHappens, that’s one word, #ShiftHappens, wherever you get your podcasts and subscribe today!
Raygun provides full stack error, crash and performance monitoring for tech teams. Whether you’re a software engineer looking to diagnose and resolve issues with greater speed and accuracy, a product manager drowning in bug reports, or you’re just concerned you’re losing customers to poor quality online experiences, Raygun can provide you with the answers. Get full stack error and performance monitoring in one place. The next time you’re struggling to replicate errors and performance issues in your codebase, think Raygun. Head over to raygun.com, get up and running within minutes, and dramatically improve the online experiences of your users.
AC’s Voitanos delivers on-demand video-based training for developers on the latest SharePoint extensibility model from Microsoft in Mastering the SharePoint Framework. Check out Voitanos at voitanos.io.
CJ’s Hyperfish uses AI and Bot technology to automate the collection of profile information. The secure service supports on-premises, hybrid, and online environments. Checkout Hyperfish at hyperfish.com.