Episode 307 | Clear and Stormy Cloud News Updates
Stormy & Cloudy News
- Devs slam Microsoft for injecting tech-support scam ads into their Windows Store apps
- Google Cloud Networking Incident #19009
- Salesforce to buy Tableau for $15.7B, betting on business data in deal for Seattle tech mainstay
- Apple is now the privacy-as-a-service company
- The consumer version of BBM is shutting down on May 31
- Microsoft, Oracle team up on cloud services in jab at Amazon
- GitLab’s journey from Azure to GCP
- Secure your journey to the cloud with free DMARC monitoring for Office 365
- Hyperscale service tier for up to 100 TB
- Partnering with the community to make Kubernetes easier
- Hands-On with iCloud for Windows 10
- Slack for Outlook
- NASA is opening the space station to $35,000-a-night visits. A tourist who paid Russia $30 million to get there a decade ago says it’s a ‘seismic shift.’
Listener Pick: Rob Windsor
Microsoft Cloud Show is sponsored by:
What if you could take any process your teams use to get work done, and make it happen automatically? What if you could save countless hours and help people work better together? Nintex can make it happen. With the Nintex Platform, work flows from person-to-person, system-to-system, to the cloud and back. And it flows in and out of the tools you use every day. With Nintex, work just flows, so your teams can work smarter, work faster and be more connected than ever.
A 99.9% SLA means you’re protected from power outages, bad patches, natural disasters, and maybe even a dinosaur attack. Does it protect you from yourself, though? AvePoint Backup for SharePoint Online provides full-fidelity backup and recovery – from individual items to entire sites. AvePoint can run backups up to four times a day to ensure your data is secure. Recover anytime you want without having to pick up the phone and schedule restore windows. Learn why AvePoint is THE Microsoft Cloud expert at www.avepoint.com.
Raygun provides full stack error, crash and performance monitoring for tech teams. Whether you’re a software engineer looking to diagnose and resolve issues with greater speed and accuracy, a product manager drowning in bug reports, or you’re just concerned you’re losing customers to poor quality online experiences, Raygun can provide you with the answers. Get full stack error and performance monitoring in one place. The next time you’re struggling to replicate errors and performance issues in your codebase, think Raygun. Head over to raygun.com, get up and running within minutes, and dramatically improve the online experiences of your users.
Every business will eventually have to move to the cloud and adapt to it. That’s a fact. ShareGate helps with that. Our industry-leading products help IT professionals worldwide migrate their business to the Office 365 or SharePoint, automate their Office 365 governance, and understand their Azure usage & costs.
AC’s Voitanos delivers on-demand video-based training for developers on the latest SharePoint extensibility model from Microsoft in Mastering the SharePoint Framework. Check out Voitanos at voitanos.io.
CJ’s Hyperfish uses AI and Bot technology to automate the collection of profile information. The secure service supports on-premises, hybrid, and online environments. Checkout Hyperfish at hyperfish.com.